Moisés is a Mexican born designer based in Mexico City. His hometown, being chaotic and over populated, as well as Mexican objects, traditions, textures, social contrast and chromatic diversity are elements influencing Moises’ work.
Moisés have always been attracted by simplicity and fresh ideas and that is why he decided to study at Ecal, in Lausanne Switzerland where in summer of 2013 he became the first Mexican to get a Master of Product design from this school obtaining special mention.
Moisés has exhibited his work in USA, Italy, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Hong Kong, Spain and Mexico. His work has been awarded by the Mexican Design Biennial INBA, The Good Design Award by the Chicago Atheneaum among others recognitions. He has worked with national and international companies like Baccarat (France), PCM (Spain), Riva 1920 (Italy), José Cuervo (Mx), Palacio de Hierro (Mx), Bauhaus Mobel (Mx) and Voit (Mx) developing new concepts and products.
In 2012 Moises founded in collaboration with other 5 Mexican designers Panorámica, a design Cooperative that explores new territories and interpret various perspectives and rationalities about design.
In 2013 Moisés creates Diario, a brand that redesigns everyday Mexican objects, Diario is a social, cultural, curatorial and design project.
Moisés believes in the transfer of design knowledge and this is why from 2014 - 2017 he joined as professor at Centro, one of the most important Design Universities in Mexico City, where he was awarded as the best Industrial Design professor. In August 2017 he was named as Regional Design Director at ITESM, the most important private University across Mexico.
Awards, Exhibitions & Talks.
- MXCD01 Exhibition. Archivo, Diseño y Arquitectura. Mexico
- Day Objects Alive, Centro-Ecal. Workshop and Exhibition. Mexico
- Jovenes Creadores FONCA grant. Mexico
- Design in Process exhibition. Archivo. Mexico
- Mexican Chair exhibition. Museo Franz Mayer. Mexico.
- Producto Fresco Exhibition. Madrid
- Q&A: Big-Game Exhibition at Museo Nacional de Arte. Mexico
- Best professor Award at Centro. Mexico
- Policosmos Exhibition. Kids Design Week. Milan
- Social Design Coference at Museum of Arts of Ciudad Juarez. Mexico
- Mono by Panorámica at Maison & Objet. France.
- "ECAL Diplomas- Best Emerging Designers from Switzerland" Exhibition. Hong-Kong
- 4th Iberoamerican Design Biennial Exhibition. Madrid.
- Designer of the year in Mexico by CasaViva Magazine. Mexico City.
- 2nd Istanbul Design Biennial "The Future Is Not What It Used to Be" exhibition. Istanbul
- Young Creative Entrepreneur Award by the British Council. Mexico City - London.
- Design Workshop "Re-Thinking Everyday Mexican Objects" at Decode Festival. Monterrey, Mexico.
- De ida y vuelta Exhibition. CENART. Mexico City.
- Design Conference at UANL. Monterrey, Mexico.
- Hotel Diseño Exhibition at Condesa DF. Mexico City
- Design Conference "En que trabaja un diseñador industrial" at Ibero Puebla, Mexico.
- Design workshop at Decode Festival. Monterrey, México.
- Designers Days Exhibition, Lights of Harcourt with Baccarat. Paris
- Panorámica Exhibition. ICFF. New York, USA.
- Lights of Harcourt Exhibition with Baccarat. Milan.
- Low tech Factory Installation and Exhibition at Droog Gallery, Amsterdam.
- Half Time Exhibition at Ecal. Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Low tech Factory Ecal Exhibition. Designers' Saturday, Switzerland.
- MoMA Destination Mexico. NY, USA.
- National Design Biennial. Furniture category awarded. Mexico City.
- Design Conference. Universidad de Guanajuato. México
- Exhibition. Miradas a la Tradición. MUSAS Sonora, México.
- Exhibition. Cantera, Diseño Contemporáneo en México. Centro. Mexico City.
- Design Conference “Spotlight”. ITESM Campus Estado de México.
- Awarded Competition. Transforma tus ideas con Corian® de DuPont® . MUMEDI. Mexico City.
- Exhibition. Silver National Biennial. Mexico City.
- Exhibition. Rethinking Tradition Exhibition. Contemprary Design From México. Washington, USA.
- Competition Promesas México, lighting category awarded. Mexico City.
- Good Design Award. EF tableware. Chicago Athenaeum, USA.